IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This Capital Research End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Capital Research Pty Ltd (ABN: 70 954 350 558) for the on-line data product identified above, which includes documents and data sets and may include associated media, printed materials, additional computer software applications, and "on-line" or electronic documentation ("DATA PRODUCT"). By downloading, installing, copying, or otherwise using the DATA PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, you cannot install or use the DATA PRODUCT. You can still access the research document page.
DATA PRODUCT LICENSE
The DATA PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The DATA PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
a. DATA PRODUCT. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the DATA PRODUCT on computers, including workstations, terminals or other digital electronic devices.
b. Redistribution Requirements. You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the DATA PRODUCT as described above, provided that:
(i) you include a valid copyright notice on your material that expressly acknowledges Capital Research as the source and owner of the data.
(ii) you do not use Capital Research's name, logo, or trademarks to advertise, market or promote your business without the express written permission of Capital Research.
(iii) you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Capital Research from and against any claims or lawsuits, including legal fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of your material.
3. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
a. Sale. You may not sell, rent, or lease the DATA PRODUCT in any form whatsoever.
b. Support Services. Capital Research expressly does not provide you with any support services related to the DATA PRODUCT ("Support Services"). The DATA SERVICE is supplied “AS IS”. Any supplemental data provided to you as part of the data on-line product shall be considered part of the DATA PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA.
c. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Capital Research may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the DATA PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the DATA PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and "applets" incorporated into the DATA PRODUCT), and any copies you are permitted to make herein are owned by Capital Research or its suppliers. This agreement is not a sale and does not transfer to you any title or ownership in or to the material supplied via the DATA PRODUCT or any patent, copyright, trade secret, trade name, trademark or other proprietary or intellectual property rights related thereto. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the DATA PRODUCT is the property of Capital Research and is protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Capital Research and its suppliers provide the DATA PRODUCT AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS, and hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions, either express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, of lack of viruses, of accuracy or completeness of responses, of results, and of lack of negligence or lack of workmanlike effort, all with regard to the DATA PRODUCT. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE DATA PRODUCT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY OF OR ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE DATA PRODUCT, IF ANY, REMAINS WITH YOU.
6. EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Capital Research OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE DATA PRODUCT, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF Capital Research OR ANY SUPPLIER.
7. APPLICABLE LAW. If you acquired this DATA PRODUCT in Australia, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria. If this DATA PRODUCT was acquired outside of Australia, then in respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder, you consent to the jurisdiction of the Australian federal and state courts sitting in Victoria, Australia.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the DATA PRODUCT) is the entire agreement between you and Capital Research relating to the DATA PRODUCT and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the DATA PRODUCT or any other subject matter covered by this EULA.
9. QUESTIONS? Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact Capital Research for any reason,
please email us at email@example.com.